Monday, May 11, 2009

I've Heard of a Short-Sale. How Do I Qualify?

I've Heard of a Short-Sale. How Do I Qualify?

This is the question that most home owners ask themselves when they start falling behind on their mortgage payment.

The first reason for wanting to do a short-sale is that you cannot afford to make your monthly mortgage payment. Another reason is that you have recently lost your job, have a change in your family situation, or you have had another dramatic change in your life. The reasons that you are falling behind on your mortgage payment will be stated in your "Hardship Letter." You want this "hardship letter" to be as personal as possible, but you have control over what details you disclose to the lender.

Finally, there is a myth out there that some banks require that you are already behind on your mortgage payments.

If you are wondering if you qualify for a short-sale or have any questions, please call me at 619-972-4102 or email me at ken.sdlms@gmail.com

Ken Edwards
Broker Owner
Jupiter Realty Services
Phone 619-972-4102

No comments:

Post a Comment